Friday, August 17, 2012

No Fish

It's been a busy week at work. I also started and finished my painting class this week at the Port Moody Arts Centre. I had so much fun! It was three consecutive nights - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. The instructor was hilarious! I've learned something really important - I don't really like working big. We painted a canvas each night - they're really not that big, according to the rest of the class but it was huge for me. They were approximately 10"x12" each. Towards the end, I was just slapping on paint just to cover the darn things! Athough, I really enjoyed the class, I'm not sure it's something I would keep doing...at least maybe not on canvas.

On the second night, we did an underwater painting. Using stock photos to inspire us, we had to create an underwater scene. I won't hurt your eyes with my "masterpiece" but when I got home that night, I worked on a digital version of the painting. I think this one turned out much better than the actual painting.  According to the Sketch Club stats, the digital verson took 3 hours and 43 minutes to do. By the way, the fish are hiding. 




Things I'm thankful for:
1.  It's Friday!  It's been busy as usual but my new saying is "any day you have time to eat lunch is a good day!"  I've been making time to go outside and wander around in the sunshine almost everyday this week.  I love downtown Vancouver in the summer.

2.  My sister.  We did our annual trek last week and visited the Vancouver Aquarium with the kids.  When I say kids, I really mean Young Adults.  This is our 15th Annual Trek!

3.  Hubby.  I love the fact we're an old married couple.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment