Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ravelry's Knitting Olympics 2010

It's countdown time to the 2010 Winter Olympics. I have mixed feelings about this Olympics. Normally, I'm all over it, especially with this one being in our own backyard...literally. Working at one of the venues can be really exciting but it has been so stressful. Every time I think or hear about the Olympics, I get heart palpitations. I wasn't sure if I was going to do the knitting Olympics this year. But then, I thought...how often does this comes around? It might be just the thing to de-stress things a bit.

So, I joined Team Canada Ravelry group and picked my project and yarn.

Cedar Leaf Shawlette. Something nice and uncomplicated that won't make me want to poke my eyes out with my needles. The yarn is the Blue Face Leicester that I spun up last summer. Fibre is from Sweet Georgia's fibre club...Foundation colourway. I've been trying to think of something special to use this yarn for and when I saw the pattern, I knew it was right.



I'm all set to go. I've been knitting like a crazy person to finish up my Almost-Cassidy cardigan just so I could get that done and out of the way so I wouldn't break my resolution of finishing things before starting new projects. The main pieces of the cardie just came off the needles tonight. This weekend, I will sew them together, knit the band and I will be done just in time to start the shawlette for Feb 12th.

Things I'm thankful for:
1. A cool bunch of friends at work.
2. New knitting projects
3. Books

No comments:

Post a Comment