Friday, April 18, 2008

Warning! Lots of WHINING

/start of WHINE

What can I say? I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (although, falling through space would be relatively peaceful in comparison) it just has been very busy...and stressful lately. I had hoped things would settled down at work with this new position but new things kept popping up. That very reason was what kept me from taking this position years ago. It seemed like the right thing to do this time but I'm having doubts. When work interferres with RL, I'm not happy. Usually, it's busy in the Spring season and I'm hit & miss with fibre functions but this year has been the absolute worse.

/end of WHINE

On to fibre stuff...

I am so looking forward to Jean Wong's workshop tomorrow. All my swatches are finished, labeled and ready to go. There is very little that compares with a full day workshop with other crazy knitters who are equally obsessed with fibre as oneself.

The monkey sock is still plodding along. SOMEONE played with my row counter and I lost my place. It took 4 rows before I noticed and ripped out the offending rows. It looked messy and since I was still so close to the beginning, I ripped it back to the ribbing. I'm knitting these socks in the green Trekking I got from Fibre Fest. It's a wool/bamboo blend and it feels really nice. Knits up nicely too.

I ordered some more of the wool/bamboo Trekking in different colours. One of the colourway reminds me of Murloc scales so I'm going to use it for the WoW knitalong. :)

Finally finished the scarf on the loom. Reason #423 why you shouldn't warp with only silk boucle...it makes really ugly fringes. Now, I just have to weave in the 6 zillion ends and it's done.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 am

    Yay! You're alive! ;)

    I'm so looking forward to the class tomorrow I could just plotz. I've got all my swatches done and labelled and in a ziploc bag with my needles, ball of yarn, and my mini knitting tool kit. So excited! Apparently we should pack a lunch as the break is only 30 minutes. See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 pm

    Have fun at your workshop! Will be thinking of you all learning more wonderful knitting techniques.
    Perhaps one day I will be more than a beginner knitter and can take a class from her.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete