Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm so ready for Spring!

It's snowing again. It's not supposed to happen here. I can't believe I was actually wishing for rain. Enough already!

These past three weeks have been just a blur to me. Life at work is always insane at this time of the year. Made worse by the fact that now it's my department and I feel, well, a bit more responsible for things. I have to remember to take deep breaths and fondle more fibrey stuff.

The poor old grey cardigan is still languishing in the knitting bag. I looked at the cabled shoulders yesterday and just couldn't find the energy to work on it. But I did find the energy to start a new sweater...Bianca's Jacket from Interweave Knits - Fall 2006. This is a pattern that's tailored-made for knitting in one piece.

On the loom, I have some silk boucle as the warp. In hindsight, I probably should have used the boucle as an interest yarn - as Rusty suggested, rather than for the whole warp. (Next time, I'll email you first.) It did seemed like a good idea at the time. Another reason not to do things when you're tired.

No luck in finding my missing charts for the shawl. I have the swatch sample so I guess I can rechart the pattern from that. Not looking forward to this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment