Saturday, January 20, 2007

I stopped by a LYS to pick up the Paton's Street Smart pattern booklet. I love the Urban Aran sweater and seen that a few people have made it into a cardigan. The pattern looks like it should be easily converted to a zippered cardigan.

Good thing I wasn't on any kind of yarn diet. A couple balls of sock yarns and two skeins of Elizabeth Lavold's silky wool came home with me. The idea was to make myself a hat with silky wool. I don't know why becuase I don't wear hats. I think they must put something in the air at the store because, for the life of me, I really don't know why that idea came to mind. Anyhow, there's enough to do a scarf. Most likely, it will just go into the stash for a few years.

Another reply to Gillian

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about Blogger is that they don't let me reply to comments diretly. You can always email me at thymeformomAThotmailDOTcom.

I was at the local garden centre (Art Knapps) today and asked about the paperwhites. Apparently, there are different types. Some are more fragrant than others. She showed me one that had bigger flowers but really didn't smell all that pleasant. Unfortunately, I don't know which variety I had.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the cardinization (is that a word?) of the Urban Aran. Really nice. I also really like the Must Have cardigan in that book. Is the silky wool nice? I've only seen pictures of it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silky wool is gorgeous knit up. I made some socks for my mother this past christmas out of 2 skeins. A scarf would be a great choice for that yarn too if you decide to not make a hat out of it.

    ReplyDelete