Saturday, December 30, 2006

Last bit of fruitcake

This is the last of the fruitcake. Martha Stewart came through - the cake was delicious! I've always wondered if the people who make fruitcake jokes ever tried REAL fruitcake? Not the quasi stuff with the red and green plastic fruits. But the ones made with REAL dried currents, raisins, dried apricots, figs, dried bing cherries, and real candied ginger? I believe in garbage in, garbage out. Despite my misgivings about making this cake so late, it turned out really well. I've been dousing it with my vanilla rum about once a week and you can really taste the vanilla flavour.

2 comments:

  1. Now cut that out, you're making me drool just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 pm

    I love fruitcake, with a bit of brandy and butter. So congrats on making your own.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete