Sunday, April 30, 2006

What's Next?

Not a lot of knitting was accomplished this weekend. In fact, just the opposite.

The Pink Pomatomus is not going well. The foot was too long so I wanted to rip out the heel again to re-knit. (Knitting rule #1 - Never rip out knitting at 1am!) I lost track of what row I was on and went too far. Instead of taking the time to count up the rows, I had decided it would be best to rip it right down and start over again. It seemed like a good idea at the time. (Knitting rule #2 - Nothing is a good idea if you thought of it at 1am!) I had ripped back the heel previously and started it at 3" instead of 2" from the heel. I may have to start the heel right after the toe, the way this is going!! I think I may just change back to a short row heel.

The Elfine socks was another frog casualty this weekend. There's a good reason why I like to knit both socks at the same time...especailly if I leave the second sock for a few weeks. The second sock was just not matching to the first sock. I don't care if the colours are not lined up but I really hate having the technicals not match up. (Knitting rule #3 - Write things down...especially if you deviate from the pattern!!)

What I did accomplished this weekend...

I finished spinning my hand-dyed silk noil. It was really difficult to spin. My fingers are covered with little cuts from pulling the silk. It needed a LOT of predrafting! The resulting yarn is a thick/thin yarn with lots of texture. Spinning this stuff is very interesting - you have to pretend the dried brown bits are really leaves and twigs. (Don't worry - I sat out on the deck and picked out all the non-silk bits.)

No comments:

Post a Comment