Friday, March 31, 2006

Toe Up Pomatomus and stuff...

Toe-Up Pomatomus so far...

I decided on the short row toe method. I really like the look of this toe after seeing how it looked on the Elfine sock (notice just sock - not socks). I started with 2mm needles and provisional cast on for 32 stitches. Knit the toe according to instructions at Knitty. Knit 1 round even after the last wrap pick up.

Switch to 2.5mm needles and knit 1 round even. Next round, knit according to the Foot chart, row 2 but don't k2togbl - knit as separate stitches. At the end of this round, increase 1 more. There should be 36 stitches for the top of the foot and 32 for the bottom. Continue in pattern until the foot is long enough. The scales are facing the opposite direction from the original. The pattern is working nicely.


Elfine Sock

The first sock is done. I was overly eager to start the toe-up Pomatomus that I casted on for that instead of the second Elfine sock. I hope I haven't doomed the Elfine socks to a lonely life of SSD.


I'm still not sure about the picot edging yet. This wasn't part of the pattern but it seemed like a good idea at 2am. It can easily be redone if I change my mind.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! The Pomatomus is on my list too. Did you buy tons of stuff at Fibrefest?
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:41 am

    You must have read my mind - they look great! I have started mine already but haven't begun the pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:35 pm

    Nice - I was totally planning on making my Poto mate toe-up. Glad to see someone else trying it out.

    ReplyDelete